Toroidal Power Transformer Benefits
- More Economical – due to the fact that toroidal transformer cores are manufactured from fewer materials than standard transformers, they weigh less, use less energy, provide better cost savings and a higher ROI
- Low Operating Temperature – the toroidal transformer is a cool running transformer that operates at lower temperatures than transformer with similar specifications
- Low EMI/Low Stray Field – due to the uniform core windings, toroidal power transformers have less magnetic interference that result in higher performance and a lower mechanical hum
- Low Profile /Easy to Install – the small size of a toroidal power transformer makes them easy to install in a short time with just one screw
- Lightweight Design – being comprised of less raw material, the core of a toroidal transformer weighs less than typical transformers with the same specifications
What is a Toroidal Power Transformer?
A Toroidal Power Transformer is a ring or donut-shaped component that is used to transfer power between two parts of an electrical circuit. This form is usually made of powdered iron and is covered by wound insulated or enameled wire. The main feature of this shape is to contain the magnetic flux in the core material.
Based on the principle of electromagnetic induction, a power transformer consists of two magnetically coupled coils that form a primary and secondary winding. Depending on a specific application, these power transformer components may operate continuously or non-continuously at full load capacity.
Electronic Circuits that Utilize Toroidal Power Transformers or Inductors:
- Power Supplies
The Above Components are then used in the Following Electrical Equipment:
- Audio Systems
For the Following Industries:
- Industrial Applications
- Medical Equipment
- Military Equipment & Vehicles
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
Since 1955, Badger Magnetics has been the industry leader in electromagnetic product design and manufacturing. With their 3 locations – Milwaukee, WI | Lino Lakes, MN | Colorado Springs, CO – and their highly experienced engineers, sales team and customer service representatives, they are sure to meet and exceed your application specifications. Our products are PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA. Off-shore partners are also available if needed.
Contact Badger Magnetics today for your custom toroidal power transformer application quote!